Belleville Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Criminal Defense 50%
- Criminal Law
- Drug Violations
- Traffic Violations
- Traffic / DUI 40%
- Record Seals / Record Expungements 10%
Madelyn Daley is an established criminal defense lawyer located in Belleville, Illinois. Her legal practice has a long history of representing clients with a wide variety of criminal charges such as DUI, traffic offenses and criminal felonies. She is also highly skilled in obtaining record expungements and seals for individuals wanting to obtain a clean slate.
When clients come to her, they are understandably nervous, stressed and worried about their future. When you retain Madelyn Daley as counsel, she will take the time to discuss your specific legal circumstances in depth. She will offer you realistic and practical advice, as well as an honest assessment of your current legal circumstances. Through her years of experience, she is able to gauge potential outcomes and best options for moving forward. She will help you make informed legal decisions.
Criminal defense is all that she does. By having a dedicated focus in this practice area, Madelyn Daley is always current on relevant case law, and the most strategic legal methods to help her clients. She is also in the courtroom almost every single day. Madelyn understands how the criminal court system works and what it takes to obtain the best possible results for her clients' specific legal problems.
Regardless of the crime, a conviction can have serious and lasting implications well into your future. Hiring an experienced and qualified lawyer such as Madelyn Daley greatly increases your chances of a favorable outcome in your criminal defense case.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- J.D. - 1999
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List, All Semesters
- Honors: American Bar Association Moot Court Team
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Speech Communications
- Illinois, 1999
- Missouri, 2000
- Colorado, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2000
- Police Discretion and the Redefinition of Reasonable Under the Fourth Amendment, 23 S. Ill. U.L.J. 1266, 1999
- Do Sexually Violent Predators Deserve Constitutional Protections, 23 S. Ill. U.L.J. 715, 1999
- Effectiveness of United States and International Efforts to Combat International Money Laundering, 2000 St. Louis-Warsaw Transatlantic Law Journal, 175
Current Employment Position
- Founder and Attorney
- Justice James D. Heiple, Law Clerk, 1999 to 2000
Pro Bono Activities
- Assistant Public Defender, St. Clair County, Illinois, 2008 to Present